Our Response to Covid-19, updated March 24, 2020
- Effective immediately, only essential visitors will be permitted into the residence, until further notice. This will include the legal guardian of the youth, CAS workers doing investigations, lawyers and emergency personnel (police, ambulance, etc.) Where it is possible, contact with family and workers will be facilitated by phone, Skype, or Facetime.
- All off-site visits and non‐essential or elective medical and dental appointments are suspended and will be rescheduled for a later date. All school programs have been cancelled until further notice.
- While our children continue to play outdoors, all trips to community play parks and other venues have been suspended until further notice.
- Children that request a medical test for a contagious disease, where said test is not indicated as per the recommended protocol of the local and/or Federal health authorities, shall not be considered to have been refused their right to medical care; when appropriately screened through Telehealth. We will ensure a note is added to the file explaining why these appointments were cancelled (for licensing review purposes).
- Children demonstrating flu‐like symptoms, (fever, chills, feel very warm, difficulty in breathing, have a flushed appearance, sweating, or are experiencing nausea) will be identified and appropriately screened by Telehealth. Staff will follow all recommendations or orders as per Telehealth, to provide for further assessment or medical isolation. At the very least, the child will be cared for in their bedrooms while ill, for a minimum of 24 hours after symptoms have ceased.
- Staff will contact 911 if a child is showing signs of more severe symptoms.
Kahane Foundation Grant
In 2019, we were very pleased to receive a substantial grant from the Karl Kahane Foundation. With it, we have been able to rehabilitate all of our children’s bedrooms, including the purchase of all new bedroom furniture! The rooms look fabulous and we’re extremely grateful for the support.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.